klpoon on 4 Dec 2003 06:23:59 -0000

Re: [TCG] removing edges

Thanks, Robert.

I saw that there was a private way to do space modification, but my reasoning was like this:
-Alex lost his move command because it wasn't exactly right.
-I don't know exactly what syntax to use to remove the edge.
-Robert will read my English description of what to do, so I know that will work.

So do I need to use a particular syntax to remove an edge? I see it says [x=y|x_y|x+z+y], but am not sure if one of those means delete.

> Thus the ferret will still visit your vertex tree days from now (right?).

I'm not sure. Is that how the algorithm works? I intended him to follow left walls. If he behaves as I intended, he'll go to vertex 7 tomorrow, 4 the next day, then 16 after that. I'm removing that edge so that if no one has caught him before he comes back around, next time he'll go to vertex 3.

> Since Rule 20 allows you to change your mind as often as you want
> beforethe evaluation time, you aren't committed to the space
> change that you
> announced.  Just make another announcement to the effect that your
> *actual* space change will be the one stored secretly in the PHP page.

I think I've already done the damage this time by announcing what I wanted to do. I'll suffer the consequences and do better next round.

Good luck on the Putnam Saturday. I will be thinking of you three (Alex, you and Olena). It's interesting not knowing what Olena looks like, which means her image in my mind contains no graphical information.

I hope you guys kick butt.

Kelly.