Christopher Smith on 16 Aug 2003 00:56:19 -0000

Re: [ALACPP] compact, insane example code

On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 17:34, Jon Stewart wrote:
> > // OK, this compiles and runs. boost::lambda is INSANE!
> > // Can anybody make it even more STL/boost exotic? Perhaps initializing the s
> > tring vector??
>

> I see two possible places for optimization. You could try to replace the
> uppercase() function with an in-place combo of stl algorithms and lambda
> expressions. Also, you could be really leet and work only with the initial
> c-array of strings (since pointers are iterators).

Ugh! And I was going to say he should use locales/facets for his
uppercase() function. Sadly, those suckers *only* work with c-style
strings. :-(

<wishing STL didn't treat it's own strings as 2nd class citizens>

--
Christopher Smith <x@xxxxxxxx>