Gavin Doughtie on 15 Aug 2003 15:26:05 -0000

[ALACPP] bound for success!

OK, I want to be Arlo and write the following code:

for(unsigned int i(0); i < mySourceVect.size(); ++i) {
	myDestVect.push_back(aTransformationFunction(mySourceVect[i]));
}

with std::for_each and std::generate and boost::bind. More specifically, ow does one get an iterated element from mySourceVect as the input parameter to a bound functor for std::generate?

Personally, the for loop looks the most compact and obvious, but I'm trying to get these other tools in more widespread use at work.

Sample code, anyone?

Gavin